- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: March 5, 2013
District: 12 – Orange County
Contact: Cindy Azima
Phone: (949) 440-3420
$333 MILLION IN NEW FUNDING AWARDED
TO UPGRADE TRANSPORTATION AND EXPAND STATE’S ECONOMY
IRVINE - The California Transportation Commission today allocated $333 million in new funding to 91 projects that will improve the state’s transportation system and strengthen California’s economic recovery.
“Investing in our transportation infrastructure creates a better future for all Californians,” said Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty.
The allocations include $233 million from Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. In total, nearly $15 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
The remaining allocations ($100 million) came from assorted transportation accounts funded by state and federal dollars.
Notable local projects that received funding allocations are:
- $1.5 million for rehabilitation of asphalt concrete roadway, replace curb ramps, curb and gutter, sidewalk and adjusting utilities to grade on Broadway from Civic Center Drive to Santa Clara Avenue and on McFadden Avenue from Newhope Street to Euclid Street in the city of Santa Ana.
- $1.0 million for rehabilitation of asphalt concrete roadway, including the replacement of curb ramps, curb and gutter, sidewalk and adjusting utilities to grade on Jamboree Road from south city limits to Chapman Avenue in the city of Orange
Please see the attached file for information about all projects that received allocations today.
# # # #