- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: October 24, 2012
District: 4 - Oakland
Contact: RocQuel Johnson
Phone: (510) 286-4948
CALIFORNIA TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION APPROVES NEARLY $300 MILLION IN PROJECTS TO HELP MOTORISTS GET AROUND CALIFORNIA
OAKLAND - The California Transportation Commission today allocated $287 million to 23 projects that will provide better roads, transit, and bridges while at the same time strengthening California’s economy.
“We are building transportation improvements that will benefit the state for decades and will also boost job growth in every region of California,” said Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty.
The allocations include $259 million from Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. In total, nearly $14.6 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
The remaining $28 million in allocations came from assorted transportation accounts funded by state and federal dollars.
Among the projects that received funding today were:
- $796,000 in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties at various locations on State Routes 4, 24, and 242 for replacement of metal beam guard railing approaches.
- $570,000 in the City and County of San Francisco, from 15th to 16th Street to reconstruct deck and bridge railings.
- $65.8 million to Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC), for the Port of Oakland’s Outer Harbor Intermodal Terminals Project. The project will provide new capacity, improve access and reduce congestion on the Union Pacific Rail Road (UPRR) mainline to the Port.
- $2,462,000 to MTC for Solano Transportation Authority’s West ‘B’ Street Bike/Pedestrian Undercrossing Project in the City of Dixon. The project will improve pedestrian and bicycle crossing safety by constructing a grade-separated bicycle/pedestrian crossing under the UPRR tracks between State Route-113 and West ‘A’ Street.
Please see the attached file for information about all projects that received allocations today.
# # # #