- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: August 22, 2012
District: 5 - Santa Barbara, SLO, Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Benito Counties
Contact: Susana Z. Cruz (Bilingual) or Colin Jones
Phone: (805) 549-3138 or (805) 549-3189
$745 MILLION IN NEW TRANSPORTATION FUNDING WILL DRIVE ECONOMIC
GROWTH AND UPGRADE STATE’S TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM
SAN LUIS OBISPO - The California Transportation Commission today allocated $745 million in new funding to 118 transportation projects that will provide congestion relief for motorists statewide and bolster the state’s economy.
“We’re providing much-needed jobs and putting people to work building better roads, bridges, rail, and transit for California,” said Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty. The allocations include nearly $82 million from Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. In total, nearly $14 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
The remaining $663 million in allocations today came from assorted transportation accounts funded by state and federal dollars.
Highlights of the funding allocations include:
- $5.8 million to construct the building for the Santa Cruz Metro Base operations by replacing the existing facility with a new environmentally friendly facility that includes solar and water reclamation components. The Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission (SCCRTC) is co-sponsoring this project.
Please see the attached file for more information about all projects that received
# # # #