- Amtrak California
- California Transportation Plan
- Caltrans Property for Sale
- Caltrans Local Development Review
- Legal Expert Witness Consultants
California Department of Transportation
Date: June 28, 2012
Contact: Gilbert Mohtes-Chan
Phone: (530) 741-4571
NEARLY $1 BILLION IN FUNDING ALLOCATED
TO IMPROVE TRANSPORTATION AND STATE’S ECONOMIC GROWTH
MARYSVILLE - Continuing the drive to rebuild California’s infrastructure and spur job growth, the California Transportation Commission has allocated nearly $1 billion to 135 transportation projects statewide.
Approximately $600 million in funding was provided by Proposition 1B, a transportation bond approved by voters in 2006. The remaining allocations came from assorted state and federal transportation accounts. In total, about $13.8 billion in Proposition 1B funds have been distributed statewide.
“Proposition 1B continues to fund key transportation projects, which translates into a strengthened economy,” said Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty. “Investing in our infrastructure will improve mobility and create a better future for Californians.”
Some of the notable local projects that received funding include:
- Sutter County - $17.8 million for a Proposition 1B project to construct an interchange at the junction of State Highway 99 and State Highway 113 south of Yuba City.
- Sacramento County - $7.9 million for a local Proposition 1B project by the City of Sacramento and the Sacramento Area Council of Governments to build the two-lane 6th Street overcrossing roadway with bike lanes and sidewalks, connecting from H Street to the new Railyards Boulevard.
- Placer County - $758,000 for a local Proposition 1B project by the City of Lincoln and the Placer County Transportation Planning Agency to widen Nicolaus Road between Aviation/Nelson Lane and Airport Boulevard.
- Colusa County - $9.3 million to repave 20.4 lane miles of State Highway 20 from the Lake County line to 6.8 miles east of Highway 16.
- Sierra County - $2.3 million to the Sierra County Transportation Commission to repave and improve Ridge Road between Pliocene Ridge Road and Miners Street in Alleghany
Please see the attached file for more information about all the projects that received allocations.
# # # #