Storm Water Studies & Reports
Report provides Independent Quality Assurance (IQA) on over 50 Storm Water Data Reports selected statewide. Information from the IQA will be used to improve training and guidance.
- 2015/2016 CTSW-RT-16-314.13.2
- 2014/2015 CTSW-RT-15-314.13.1
- 2013/2014 CTSW-RT-14-314.06.1
- 2012/2013 CTSW-RT-13-254.16.1
- 2011/2012 CTSW-RT-12-254.14.1
- 2010/2011 CTSW-RT-11-254.10.2
- 2009/2010 CTSW-RT-10-254.10
- 2008/2009 CTSW-RT-09-254.02
Engineer's estimate contractor's bid, and final payment costs are analyzed for 101 recently completed projects. Recommendations for estimating WPC costs on future projects are provided.
Concrete washout practices were observed for 30 projects throughout the State. Methods for estimating the quantity and cost for different types of concrete washout facilities are provided.
A process is presented for estimating surface erosion on slopes in conjunction with selecting soil stabilization and sediment control BMPs. Methods for collecting and documenting climate, soil, topography, vegetation, and BMP selection are given. The Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation (RUSLE2) is used to estimate erosion for pre-construction, construction, and post construction phases.
This study consists of a literature search and several technical memos intended as a "mythbusters" to remove institutional roadblocks preventing greater use of compost on Caltrans projects.
- Annotated Bibliography and Literature Review CTSW-TM-07-172.51.1
- Compost and Water Quality CTSW-TM-07-172.51.2
- Compost and Vegetation Establishment CTSW-TM-07-172.51.3
- Compost and Low Impact Development CTSW-TM-07-172.51.4
- Caltrans Compost Frequently Asked Questions CTSW-TM-07-172.51.FAQ
To update estimating guidance for common soil stabilization BMPs, several erosion control contractors were invited to participate in a survey. This technical memo documents this survey and presents average installed costs for 12 commonly used applications ranging from tacked straw to erosion control netting.
This page last updated November 17, 2015