California Department of Transportation
Division of Engineering Services
Office of Special Funded Projects
Welcome to the website for the Office of Special Funded Projects.
- September 2013 - Sign SpecificationsEffective September 1, 2013, the AASHTO Standard Specifications for Structural Supports for Highway Signs, Luminaires and Traffic Signals, Sixth Edition (LTS-6) constitutes the primary California Department of Transportation design specifications for structural supports for sign structures.
- June 2013 - Revised Seismic Design CriteriaThis is version 1.7 of the Seismic Design Criteria.
- March 2013 - New Memo to Designer 8-8This Memo describes the construction of bridge decks for reduced traffic noise.
- December 2012 - Updated OSFP Information and Procedures GuidesTen sections of our Information and Procedures Guide have been revised.
- November 2012 - Updated Bridge Design Aids 3-8This BDA is for Mechanically Stabilized Earth.
- November 2012 - Updated Memos to Designers.The following Memos to Designers have been updated. The new Memos and their Implementation Memorandums can be found at the link above.
MTD 2-12 - Special Design Earth Retaining Systems Numbering MTD 11-25 - Anchorage Zone Design MTD 11-34 - Hinge Curl MTD 12-1 - Review of Shop Drawings - Steel Structures
- September 2012 - MSEPlusŪ Earth Retaining System Approved For Use.The MSEPlusŪ earth retaining system has been restored to the Qualified Products List.