- Chapter 11 Local Assistance Program Guidelines (LAPG)
- Local Assistance Procedures Manual (LAPM)
- FHWA Emergency Relief Manual
- Classification Maps
State of California
Department of Transportation
Division of Local Assistance
P.O. Box 942874, MS-1
Sacramento, CA 94274-0001
- Key Partners
- FHWA ER Applications Process
- Emergency Opening (EO) Versus Permanent Restoration (PR)
- DAFs Submitted to FHWA
- FHWA Application Process & Procedures: Part 1 - Run time 19 minutes.
- FHWA Damage Assessment & Eligibility: Part 2 - Run time 22 minutes.
- FHWA Online Training Modules:
Emergency Relief Program
The Emergency Relief (ER) Program is a special program from the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Highway Trust Fund (HTF) for the repair and reconstruction of federal-aid highways and roads and trails on federal lands, which have suffered serious damage as a result of a natural disaster or catastrophic failures from an external cause.
Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP-21) continues the ER program with some changes in requirements:
Current Event Proclamations
Page Last Updated: 2/20/14 9:33 AM