District 2 - Traffic Operations
- Traffic Investigations office provides specialized services and support in the areas of signing, striping, traffic accident investigation, traffic census, speed limits and traffic modeling. The office also supports delivery of capital projects and performs preliminary scoping and sets proprieties for a large percentage of District's capital program.
- Traffic Management office provides traffic management team response, Traffic Management Center (TMC) operation and preparation of traffic management plans. This office is responsible for developing traffic management requirements to minimize delays through construction and maintenance work zones and provides the radio dispatch services to the District. Additionally, this office manages the highway census program collection traffic volume and vehicle type information for use by the Planning and Design Divisions.
- ITS Engineering & Support office provides comprehensive technical services to the District 2 Transportation Management Center, the associated TMS field elements and an extensive field element communications network. These services include system design and engineering, integration design, implementation, capital support and maintenance support. We develop systems and software to facilitate effective use of our Transportation Management System and to support the export of images and data to the web for use in traveler information systems. We also are active in the Rural (research) Program Steering Committee and Western States Rural Transportation Consortium and sponsor many rural focused research projects.
- Traffic Engineering & Operations office supports North Region project development in the design and construction of electrical facilities (traffic signals, lighting, etc.), roadside signs, and pavement delineation. The office also operates 130 traffic signals throughout the district, performs operational investigations, prepares traffic studies, and reviews local development projects that effect the state highway system. Other activities include: processing sign installation orders, maintaining the district sign log, and providing technical support on matters related to trucks, bicycles, pedestrians, and complete streets.
- District 2 Traffic Cameras
- One Stop Shop
- Western States Rural Transportation Technology Implementers Forum
- Western States Rural Transportation Consortium
- Road Weather Information Stations
- Roadside Signs and Pavement Delineation
- Caltrans Headquarters Traffic Operations
Statewide Alerts and Other Information
Save Our Water
California Climate Investments
Slow for the
Move Over Law
Register to Vote
Keep Your Home
National Household Travel Survey
District 2 Links